Veblen House

Herrontown Woods, donated to Mercer County in 1957 by Oswald and Elizabeth Veblen, was Princeton's first nature preserve. Subsequent preservation efforts have made Herrontown Woods part of an extraordinary corridor of preserved open space along the Princeton Ridge.

The Veblens also left to the public trust a house and cottage at Herrontown Woods, which were intended to become a museum, library and nature center. VeblenHouse.org tells the story of those who built and lived in the house, of Oswald Veblen's extraordinary contributions to Princeton and the world, and of ongoing efforts to restore the nature preserve and buildings the Veblens so generously left in our care.

No comments: